Recommendations for supplier/installer of original OEM bi-xenon headlamps in UK

psychopomp1

Reaction score
Hi

After a lot of dilly-dallying, finally decided to get the halogen headlamps on my A4 (05 plate, B7) converted to OEM bi-xenons with autolevelling and AFS. Obviously i'm aware its not a cheap conversion but can anyone recommend me towards a reputable supplier & installer who charges a fair price? The only one i've come across is Hazzy Dayz in Herts but he's asking for 2.3k, hoping i can find someone who can do it for less than 2k. I would prefer someone in Scotland or North England but willing to travel anywhere in the UK if the price is right. I'm hopeless at DIY so buying the parts and fitting them myself is out of the question...sheesh i even tremble when pouring in engine oil! LOL

Cheers :)

for the cost i wouldnt bother
but theres a few on here that will do it
no idea on price but im sure they will be along soon

I wondered why I hadnt got a reply, I replied before mate, happy to sort for you.

Yeah sorry, was in 2 minds before but now 100% sure i want to go ahead. I've just PM'ed you again asking for rough price and availability for North Scotland around 11-17 June...Inverness is a lovely place to be in Summer :)

NHN, sorry for being impatient but did you get my PM? Assuming we can agree on a price and your availability, i guess you would need to order the parts beforehand? If so, I can pay you a deposit if necessary but please do let me know ASAP. (email me if possible)

Cheers mate :)

Finally got original xenons fitted last week with autolevelling & AFS by a company called Bespokeautotech in Cheshire, obviously didn't come cheap at 2k. They are amazing and i can now drive at night along the A9 (aka deathtrap) in the Highlands without getting flashed by every Tom, **** & Harry....my old 55w HID kit was simply giving out too much glare
icon8.png

However one 'issue': the left xenon headlight (ie passenger side) seems to give a slightly brighter beam, even when the car is stationary and level. The left beam extends a metre or so further than the right one. When i called Bespoke they said nothing wrong with the installation, they chose the correct 'right hand drive' configuration when doing the installation. Is it really supposed to be like this? Hope someone can put my mind at ease!
Cheers :)

You need to visually confirm the part numbers of the headlights, could be anything, dont take there word for it, check yourself, bulbs could be dodgy, power units faulty, headlights wrong, check if the label on headlights has been tampered with, etc, have them aligned on mot bay, check levelling works.

Thanks Nigel, so i assume there should be absolutely no difference in beam pattern between the 2 headlamps if correctly installed? Will probabably take a trip to my local MOT garage to get the alignment checked out.

There will be a different pattern to the left afaik.

Reactions: psychopomp1
Sorry Nigel, another question: i understand the OEM xenon bulbs in my headlights are D1S & colour temp is 4300k which is a pure white. However would be nice to have a slight blue tint. Would these 5000k Osram D1S bulbs be suitable & if so, is it quite easy to swap them over? Or do you recommend i stick to the original bulbs?
Cheers