1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommend a HID ebay buyer?

glossy555 Jan 8, 2010

1. glossy555

glossy555 Member

As the title says.. Looking to buy HID's for my A4. They're H7 bulbs I'm looking for.
    Want a set for the dims and fogs, not sure if I'll need the cancellors either anyone know?
    If you've purchased from someone there before or know or a good quality buyer I'd be gretrful thanks.
    Shane

2. jcb

jcb Active Member VCDS Map User

hidsdirect, speak to Paul 01617939236
    http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/

top bloke, bought two sets form him, he did me a deal and shipped for free.

there is a write up on here that I did, I didn't need the resistor pack as I got no fault codes or issues. (99.5 B5 1.8tqs)

3. glossy555

glossy555 Member

ok thanks very much i'll go on and have a look now.. you get for the dims and fogs ya?
    ok hopefully i wont either cause mines 00 B5 1.9TDi

4. jcb

dims and mains, fogs are 100W H7's (and are currently sitting at my feet unfitted!)
    I have some blue side light bulbs which shine quite white and are a good match

5. glossy555

glossy555 Member

do you think i'd have to buy mains?

6. jcb

no, I did just to see what they are like.
    They take a little while to warm up and are a nicer white shade than the stock H7 bulbs but I didn't need them either.

7. glossy555

glossy555 Member

ya i no what you mean.... would you recommend them tho or the fogs?

8. jcb

they are probably not right for fogs.
    In theory fogs are lower and not as powerful so as not to illuminate the fog. I never use my 100w ones in actual fog as it doesn't really help. I just slow down....usually

9. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

I used aceparts on ebay, they came with a 2 year warranty, which is advisable as ballasts aren't particluarly reliable, although ahd no problems with them