Recommend a good wax for Daytona?

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
Hi All.

Can anyone recommend a good wax for Daytona? I'm looking for shine and longetivity.

I've previously used Angelwax Desirable which was good.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Bilt Hamber Double Speed Wax - Gets my Vote!

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Now a convert to Swissvax, so would recommend Shield. Not cheap and you need to do the prep, but the result is worth the expense and effort.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
I use dodo juice super natural which seems to least about 6 months but next time i'm gonna try fusso99. I got a couple bird etching on the car and iv'e been told fusso will stop that happening

Reactions: Jassyo06
I use dodo juice super natural which seems to least about 6 months but next time i'm gonna try fusso99. I got a couple bird etching on the car and iv'e been told fusso will stop that happening
I don't think any wax can guarantee no etching as there are so many variables. However I think the sealant "waxes" are more resitant than the more traditional wax if that makes sense

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Gone back to Zymol wax now. Glasur or Titanium. Easy on and off. I have been using sealants for ages but got my pot of Zymol to try as its been sat in the fridge for ages and it definately gives you much more gloss. I didnt realise how easy it was to apply and remove. Use a good quality short pile microfibre to remove. Use a silicon makeup applicator you can get from most poundshops in the make up section. Jobs a doddle. Almost impossible to over apply with thst thing.

G3 wax
b955290022b11034aeb492c0ae602ca1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bristle Hound, THQuattro and ScottishA4B9
This is beading after a week of applying g3 wax
d630ce1184bc60564f925227f2f9ad42.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bristle Hound and ScottishA4B9
Thanks for the recommendations guys. I’m going to give the Soft99 Fusso Coat a try.

Reactions: the duke, Bristle Hound and Raiden
G3 wax is good, poorboys black hole polish under/before it works well :) The poorboys BH is designed for darker coloured cars. And I've just bought white!!! and still have loads of it left lol.

I love the poor boys range

Black hole then nattys blue over the top

Thanks for the recommendations guys. I’m going to give the Soft99 Fusso Coat a try.

Wanting a change from using BH double speed wax, so looking to try other's.

What's this Japanese wax like?

Tbh I wouldn’t recommend it. It applies good but after a few days, it has white reside marks just like Mer Polish that gets everywhere.
It definitely doesn’t display wax like qualities.

Autoglym Ultra high definition wax........... The only negative point about it is, its supplied applicator, its the same colour as the wax so you cant see how much product you have on it

Doing some shopping @ Tesco's today, I noticed some 'Simoniz Original Wax' in a tin for £6.

For £6 worth a punt....

Few years back Polished Bliss recommended Blackfire Midnight Sun Paste Wax for my Phantom Black 8P A3, looked awesome. Replaced that with a Daytona Grey Q5 and seeing as I had it, slapped it on. Looked ****** awesome too!

Love that stuff.

Engima Angelwax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah £45 for a 33ml sample pot. The 250ml pot is £180...

Reactions: Audib5fan
Yeah I’m tempted to get a sample but no point yet in this weather

If you do get it you’ll have to let us know what you think. I’ve got too many waxes at the moment and I don’t want to buy any more... however if it is any good I could be tempted :)

If you do get it you’ll have to let us know what you think. I’ve got too many waxes at the moment and I don’t want to buy any more... however if it is any good I could be tempted :)

Yes will let u know bud won’t be until weather clears up If I do, already got some fifth element sample by Angelwax and few others but engima supposed to be even better

What does a £250 wax offer over a £60 wax, that's what l can't get my head around...... Bit like champagne lol

Reactions: Radford212 and Audib5fan
What does a £250 wax offer over a £60 wax, that's what l can't get my head around...... Bit like champagne lol

I seen some waxes for like 500 pound matey ridiculous I get what you mean though lots of choices

People with lots of money. LaFerrari done in royale glaze.

Reactions: Radford212 and Audib5fan
People with lots of money. LaFerrari done in royale glaze.

Still don’t think I would spend 8k on the product I probs just get it coated or some ppf film

Last waxed in October still holding up nicely after 4 day tour of the Lake District.

12E3FA4A 40D7 4F03 800A 705A6A2DAEE1

Reactions: Radford212

Nothing at all like Champagne, Jassy, trust me...
47.gif

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Jassyo06

Thanks looks good and a bargain.......But..

Doing some shopping @ Tesco's today, I noticed some 'Simoniz Original Wax' in a tin for £6.

For £6 worth a punt....

Bought this, so got to try it when the weather improves..

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Reactions: A4A4