Recommend a dash cam

mattyb6

Reaction score
Hi
I'm after a dash cam in the near future due to being potentially becoming a hgv driver.

I've had a quick look on Amazon, and just not sure which one to go for,
I'd like a 1080p for a clearer recoding, also with a capability of a decent sized memory card I.e 32gb

Does anyone here have one?
Or any info would be good

Although yes I did, lol but that just reminded me, I've been meaning to start looking to get one for about 2months now mate

That does look quiet good mate
And it's handy if your the type of person who would forget to use a cam
Problem is you don't have a rear view mirror in hgv mate lol

It's mainly for work use, in the company wagons
Although I may get one my self for the a4

I have the next base 402G from halfords, good camera and as its from halfords if anything goes wrong then I can just take it to my nearest store, don't just take my word for it though, google the camera and see all the other reviews, some complain it's a bit cumbersome but I haven't found that to be true, it's easy on and off the windscreen mount and if you update the firmware from next base (very easy to do) you can run the camera upside down too if you wanted.

Regarding remembering to put the camera in the car, unless I'm at home I leave the camera plugged in and switched on all the time, if your using your car for a decent commute to work daily I can't see it draining the battery any time soon, I have mine tucked behind the mirror so when I'm driving I actually can't see the camera and iv also hard wired it from the roof electronics so I haven't got trailing leads, tomorrow daytime I'll try and remember to take some pics and post them on this thread.

Overall I'm happy with the camera and happy to have that added security if anything was to go pear shaped, another good thing is I leave the car backed into a car park space and leave the camera recording so if anyone was to swipe me whilst the car is parked up I'll hopefully get the plate from the video.

Iv had one incident so far that has been worthwhile uploading, the actual footage is much much crisper than the YouTube video, even so number plates and so forth are easily eligible which is what you want.

Edit: iv just watched it on very slow internet on my iPad and the quality is shocking I can't remember what the upload quality was and I don't have the original footage or my laptop to screen shot from but I can whole hearted guarantee its a damn sight better than the quality on YouTube.

@Burnzy, Youtube compresses the file and in turn it affects the quality.

I have Blackvue DR550 hardwired and am very happy with it.

Reactions: Bbflex