1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recomend me a LCD TV!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema, Hi-Fi and Gadgets' started by Mikey, Jan 3, 2007.

1. Mikey

Mikey Member

Recently bought an xbox 360 and played it over crimbo at the girlfreinds house on her old skool tv. I took it to my mums and hooked it upto her LCD tv and was amazed at the difference. So im on the hunt for a LCD tv now. My prefrences are:

MUST BE HD ready, Must be bigger than 20" but no bigger than 26", and must not cost anymore than £400.

Im not bothered what make of tv it is as long as it works well!

Ive done a search via pricerunner.co.uk and have seen a few good un's but just wanted peoples thoughts and if anyone could point me in the right direction and maybe good places to purchase from then that would be much appreciated. Thanks.
  2. TDI

TDI Member

richersounds.co.uk usually do good deals.
  3. Sinny71

Sinny71 S55 LKS

Pick up a copy of What hifi mate, they have reviews and you'll be surprised what gets the good right ups. If I remember rightly they had awarded some low priced LCD TV's from Tesco's and Sainsbury's 5 stars and they were cheap enough.
  4. killa_z

killa_z Couped Out

the samsungs black ones in currys are real good quality, some of the best resolutions and are HD in big sizes, look slick
  5. Niknak

Niknak Member

I have a Panasonic HD LCTV and the pic quality is top notch.
    Ian
  6. turbodan

turbodan Member

check the resolutions.

I think there all about the same really!

So a cheap one from asda would be as gooder resolution as say a top spec samsung / LG / Pioneer one.

I checked the other day in currys and they only had 1 true HD LCD with 1080 resolution.

Id wait a while for the resolution to be upped and the price to comedown.

Im using a 19" Widescreen Monitor, it has much better resolution then current LCD TVs. only cost £100 as a clearence item at www.cclcomputers.co.uk

Might be a bit small for you though.
  7. NEiLS3LK51

NEiLS3LK51 Member

Dell 2407wfp rev.A04 24" will do 1080p through composite with 110 black lines above and below.
    Dell will price match the best web price you can find on this monitor so long as you give them the site to confirm (currently £520 inc. VAT and delivery).
    Plus offer 1yr collect and return warantee for just 1 dead pixel.
    Need to make sure is the A04 revision, A03 scales the 1080 picture to 1200 so looks a bit warped.
  8. a3guy

a3guy Member

this one from ebay is really good fastest response time and well made
    i bought a 32"