1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recaro seat has come apart

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by MrTackalakalaka, Feb 27, 2012.

1. MrTackalakalaka

Hi everyone

Everytime someone sat down on my front passenger seat in my Audi S3 it would make this horrible crunching sound. I finally remembered to have a look to see what was going on and found this........

[​IMG]

Anyone had this happen to them before? And is it easy to fix?
    Had a look around but couldnt really see what to do.

Cheers

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

IIRC the cover isn't actually attached to the seat base, it's just sort of wedged in if that makes sense. What I'd suggest you do, and it is a bit of a faff, although you may be able to do it without taking the seat out of the car.
    1. Pull the under thigh seat extension piece out - it is held in place with a couple of spring clips.
    2. With that out of the way you can then remove the plastic bit underneath it. Can't remember exactly how you do it, but if you have a look in the A3/S3 interior manual in the stickies section, that shows you what to do.
    3. With that out of the way, the whole seat cushion lifts up from the front. I suspect if you lift it up enough you'll be able to tuck the leather in between the bolster and the frame and then push the seat down again. The seat base wedged against the plastic on the side of the seat bolster is all that holds it in place.
    4. Then put the plastic and the thigh support back.

Oh, and if you do need to take the seat out of the car, again consult the interior manual as it tells you what to do to avoid messing up the airbags. Oh, and be prepared for a shock, the seats weigh about 35kg!

#2 jcs356, Feb 27, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  4. MrTackalakalaka

Awesome!! thanks very much! Will get on to it!!