Recaro Pole Positions in a 3 door

E5 FUL

Reaction score
Got a 3 door A3 and want some pole positions. Can you get them on sliders or are they fixed?
Basically just want to know whether anyone will be able to get in the back seats ever again.
Cheers!

I would send a PM to Michael Parker as he has just fitted some in a Sportback and he may have some info for you.

Hi
I bought the Recaro subframes with mine and yes they do slide forward and backwards.

IMG 4975

Reactions: kash_v
Looks good but can you actually get an adult through the gap with the seat slid forwards?

I doubt it. recaro sportster have a tilt mechanism and look better in my opinion but they cost much more than pole position.

i installed some sportster CS on my brothers RS3 and they're amazing, and as @S. said they are hinged so you'd be able to still fit people in the back seat.
you can get them second hand from another car like megane RS and adapt the rails (like i did) and it will work like a charm

Mine is a Sportback , I went for pole positions purely because I wanted a fixed bucket for future track days etc and the fact that it's safer to use buckets with harnesses .

Hmm I really like the look of the pole positions, so many people these days are using the recaro cs's too. And yeah can't afford the cs!
Found a pair of pole positions in mint condition going very cheap second hand. Might get them and then force people who want to sit in the back to get in through the boot

Anyone know a good place to buy the slider mechanism for them and how much it costs roughly?

Reactions: S.
Just remember you need the side mounts , mine cost me £2k with the Recaro subframes .i bought mine from GSM in Nottingham .