Recaro Baby Seats.

silversurfer

Reaction score
I've got the young expert plus - the extra recline ability in the plus is good. I got mine from www.kiddicare.com (I think) as it was cheapest there. No problems with it, easy to move from car to car. It fits well on the isofix base if you have one of those. I don't know about the booster seat version.

I havent got the Recaro, I did look into them, however, after reading reviews and reports we opted for the Maxi Cosi Cabriofix (he's a newborn) this is with the isofix base and when he is a bit bigger and we need the next size up, we will more than likely be going for the next Maxi Cosi one, just because we have the isofix base.

If thats any help at all....also we had a look at the Kiddicare website too, however, ended up getting it from John Lewis as they did a full price match, and I know their customer service is excellent.

Bought the Young Sport recently after trying many seats, although my youngest is 2 1/2 so the plus was not really an option. It was the best of them all for comfort we thought. Try as many in the car as you can, we did and you will find some fit better than others especially with the apparent lack of room in the back of the A4/S4 with the recaro being the best we tried. Anything with a chunky back takes them too close to the seat in front which was the problem with his last seat. Also if you have 2 cars try it in them both it's not as good a fit in our other.

Oh and that suede type material is not the easiest to remove chocolate/cheese/lollipop stains from!

Sonnyjim

We've also got the Young Sport and we're really happy with it. So far it's been in use from 9 months old to 4 years 1 month without any issues.

I got this after having problems getting any ISOFIX seat to fit in my B6 S4 rear Recaro seats. This was an excellant fit.

We've now a 2 month old and I'm wondering what to get in 7 months time for our new A4. If ISOFIX works (and there's more choice now than 4 years ago) then I'd like that but I have no issues with the Young Sport. Having said that he's still in the full hardness so when we remove that it's just a seat belt holding the kiddy and the seat. Perhaps I'd prefer the seat fixed down. Dunno what I'll do yet.

Weve got the isofix base and seat , But we also have the recaro sport to that's brilliant...........

Just ordered the Recaro Young Expert Plus.. For the A4.. :yahoo:

Nice one, they do look sweet!!!

Maybe the next stage one will be a recaro one for us as well :)

Quick question, we currently have the Maxi Cosi Cabriofix, on the isofix base in the S3, so the seat for the next stage, would that fit onto the isofix base, or would the seat have the isofix fitting built into the seat so it just locks into the anchors on the car??

Just slightly confused thats all, and want to know what I need to get next.

Also i know the base that I have will only accept a Maxi Cosi seat, so to get the Recaro, would I need to get another case, or would it fit straight in??

I 'think' Isofix bases will only fit that size of seat. So If you have a Maxi Cosi as you do, if you were to buy the next size up seat you would need a new base.

I'm not 100% on this, my daughter is 15 months and rapidly outgrowing her rear facing Maxi Cosi, so i will know more soon!

the non iso fix used to have better crash results than the iso fix ones. We have the maxi cosi rear facing baby seat on a non iso fix base and a forward facing maxi cosi non iso fix for my daughter whos almost 3.

The iso fix seats are suppose to transfer forces to the child quicker than the non iso fix due to them being fixed to the chassis rather than a seat belt that would give a little and act as a shock absorber.

well thats what I read but could be sales bull lol