1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recall 90H6 - any info?

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by selar, Apr 22, 2014.

1. selar

selar Member

My car's just had a service and the report print-out says it's had the 45D3 parking brake recall applied as well as one numbered 90H6. Anyone got any ideas what this does? Google is drawing blanks.

The only thing I've noticed is that the console display (not the MMI screen) is slightly different - it's got a more prominent clock at the top, the scroll-wheel-adjustable vehicle stats in the middle, and the lifetime and journey odometer readings at the bottom, whereas I used to have my speed in large digits at the top and the vehicle stats below. I'm not sure if that's just a result of a reset, though, and maybe I'd be able to switch that back to my original layout.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Belfin

Belfin Active Member

If you get the chance, could you post a pic of your new display Selar?

Cheers, Paul

andywil13 likes this.
  4. a6_chris

a6_chris Well-Known Member

5. selar

selar Member

Have you tried it yourself? Both of them are other people simply asking what it means as they're struggling to find out.

Nice snarky post though, bro. *high five*

Edit: Belfin - sure thing. I'll take a snap when I get back to my car on my lunch break!

6. a6_chris

a6_chris Well-Known Member

Jeez only trying to help. Forget I posted then.

7. Nerdy Norm

Nerdy Norm Member

From what I can gather from reading posts on French and German forums, 90H6 is an addendum to the handbook referring to the dashboard display status of the CoD function.

8. selar

selar Member

Let's chalk it up to experience and move on then. Thanks for trying. When you tell people something is obvious, though, it comes across as kinda condescending. I did actually check Google myself before I said it was drawing a blank.

9. selar

selar Member

Nerdy Norm - that's about as much as I've been able to assume, especially from this post on audipassion, but it's odd that it would go in a service report as being a recall action, especially since I didn't spec COD :think:. I'll check my book and see if they added any pages to it, though.

10. mjcourtney

mjcourtney Well-Known Member

Just had my car serviced and 90H6 was carried out. It's mentioned in the service invoice as a handbook ammendment.

11. sidtec

sidtec New Member

If you press the menu button (innermost button on the left of the steering wheel) you should be able to set it back to the digital speedo.

12. selar

selar Member

I figured out that by "handbook amendment" they mean "addition of a whole new document" which I didn't notice as it's only a 5 page flyer, really. I'm on mobile just now but I can post them later.