Reboot Installation CD

sniperlover

Reaction score
Hi guys Bought a new desktop computer and it didnt come with any Disk and recently bought a laptop and there was no disk in the box.Im i missing something.Or do i need to go online if i need to rebbot my computer if anything happens.Please help.

It uses a special recovery partition on the computer, when you boot up you can press an F key to goto recovery menus, it would be F8 or F11, maybe different one on different brands but usually F8, they dont tend to send recovery DVD's anymore as can all be done on the drive, just be careful cause when using recovery it will delete all your music, docs etc & take it back to as new, so always backup your data regularly with a usb drve or NAS over network incase you have to recover to new then you dont lose data, daily backup if anythings changed since day before is advisable.

The only problem with a partition with the OS on is if the drive fails, you're stuffed.

Thats very true, Acronis True Image would help in that case with a new drive, backup entire drive daily to a usb drive then if drive fails restore complete system including the recovery partition.

But as you know chris, its also a marketing ploy aswell for support services for manufacturers anyway