Reattaching Wiper Spring

XPOWER

Reaction score
The spring for the rear wiper has become detached.

I've tried putting it putting it back on by hooking one end onto the wiper and stretching it using a screw driver to hook the other end but I failed.

I asked the Audi Dealer and they said the wiper would need removing using a special Audi wiper removing tool (whatever that is) to reattach the spring.

What is the easiest way to reattaching the spring without risking damaging the car.

Reactions: Simon50s
As they said, remove the wiper itself & refit/test.

In the end I took it to the dealer to fix. They couldn't reattach the spring so they fitted a new wiper.

Yes but trying to remove the wiper can take ages given they get scaled up & wont budge.

Trust me fella, on these, when they're on that well, wd40 is laughed at, coke is another, liquid form not powder, although powder form maybe required after few hours of trying to get the fecker of lol

Trust me fella, on these, when they're on that well, wd40 is laughed at, coke is another, liquid form not powder, although powder form maybe required after few hours of trying to get the fecker of lol

lol

guess i got lucky with mine. It paid me back when i tried removing the front wipers though. Snapped a wiper removal tool!!!!

That's when the powder comes in handy lol.

Reactions: Rhyso
Hope they didnt charge you too much!!

A new arm is about £25 and takes about 2 minutes to fit. The rear wiper is only held on with a nut

I paid £54.44 for parts and fitting. Oops
One way to look at it if I had broken something it would have cost a lot more to fix.

Thats weird, i just searched for rear wiper on the forum to find this recent thread..... anyway.....

I was washing my A3 yesterday, pulled the rear wiper back and the spring popped out snapping the hook it holds onto...

So do i need to order the whole arm i guess?

Is this what i need?

REAR ARM + WIPER BLADE AUDI A3 8P 2003 - 2008 | eBay

I just bought the car, its a 58 plate, will this be ok?