Rearview mirror

Luan Pham

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been wanting to paint the rearview mirror to with the interior colour but it just seems impossible to remove it. I've looked everywhere and they said twist it clockwise but no matter how hard I twist it, it won't ****** come off!! Frustrating little thing. I'm worried I'd break the god damn windscreen if I twist it too hard.
Also, does anyone have any idea what the little black box right next to it? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
20171022 101153

When i needed to remove mine for a sunstrip i just popped off the mirror like that pic, cracked soon as i popped it back on.. i believe the right way is as you mentioned but I couldn’t get mine off twisting it either so i assume there must be a technique

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When i needed to remove mine for a sunstrip i just popped off the mirror like that pic, cracked soon as i popped it back on.. i believe the right way is as you mentioned but I couldn’t get mine off twisting it either so i assume there must be a technique

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've cracked mine trying to push the mirror back into the hook after painting it. Such a stupid mistake. Now I'm hoping the insurance will cover it :(. Never again

Wow that tree branch fell badly on your screen in the terrible hurricane winds, got it?

Reactions: Luan Pham and samuelh_888
It really does twist off as you will have been told, I was worried about the same thing. I watched a clip of someone on youtube doing his, I can't even remember if I went clockwise or anticlockwise but I'm sure it would actually go either way

Wow that tree branch fell badly on your screen in the terrible hurricane winds, got it?
Haha absolutely. Got it sorted today and got it all covered for so Phewwwww

It really does twist off as you will have been told, I was worried about the same thing. I watched a clip of someone on youtube doing his, I can't even remember if I went clockwise or anticlockwise but I'm sure it would actually go either way
I've tried either way and the result was the crack windscreen never again