1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Wishbones

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by PincherA6, Mar 8, 2009.

1. PincherA6

PincherA6 New Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I have been told by my mechanic that I need the rear wishbones replace on my A6 Quattro Avant 2.8. Now I've had a look around the normal places on the web but can't find anywhere that has the rear wishbones and I don't really want the expense of going to Audi. Does anyone know where I can get these and roughly what sort of price I'm looking at. Also have one cracked rear spring which I was going ro replace with a fullset of lowered springs. I found a set of Apex springs on ebay. Can anyone give me an opinion on these. I haven't had the Audi long and don't know much about this car yet.
    Thanks for your help in advance.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. 692DPG

692DPG New Member

May 2, 2007
    Suspect that I have the same problem as the inner edges of both rear tyres are shot to bits. Asfor APEXsprings, I have had them on a number of cars in the past and they have always been alright for me, though I don't mind firm rides. Hope that helps, Dave.
  4. fjtwelve

fjtwelve Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Jan 6, 2006
    I had the same problem with my A6 on the rears until i had the wheels aligned properly - the rears can be adjusted for alignment as well as the fronts. It would appear not a lot of people know that, nor many have the facility to check and adjust either.