Rear wishbone (console) bush upgrade...TT...S3??? Please help

LSH

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am currently upgrading my suspension and components on my A3's suspension (8p 2004 2.0TDi sport). I have put on new shocks & springs, top mounts, ball joints, track rods & ends, and (ARB) drop links...
I think the final missing part is to upgrade the rear wishbone bush (AKA 'console' bush?). I am after the solid bush (as per the image below) which I believe is the S3/TT item. I also believe that the part numbers are 1K0 199 231 N (left) and 1K0 199 232 N (right) for the bush and frame, but at circa £50 each, I am wondering if it is possible to get just the solid bush and have these pressed into my current frames?

images

If so, does anyone have the part number for the solid bushes?
And finally has anyone else changed/upgraded this part?

Thanks in advance for you help,
Luke

I changed these on my Leon.

I went for the Whiteline Anti Lift kit.

They were easy to change and made a very noticeable difference.

Many thanks for the reply Adam, however I am ideally trying to keep the costs down...thus, why I was asking about pushing new bushes into the 'old' frames.
A bit more digging seems to suggest that Powerflex bushes would work (but there has not been any definitive reviews) at a cost of about £40.
Also, there is mention of Seat Cupra rear console bushes 6LL 407 183...HOWEVER, nobody has confirmed whether these items will fit into A3/MK5 frames...

Luke