1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear wishbone (console) bush upgrade...TT...S3??? Please help

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by LSH, Jul 14, 2011.

1. LSH

LSH New Member

[Jul 14, 2011]
    Hi all,

I am currently upgrading my suspension and components on my A3's suspension (8p 2004 2.0TDi sport). I have put on new shocks & springs, top mounts, ball joints, track rods & ends, and (ARB) drop links...
    I think the final missing part is to upgrade the rear wishbone bush (AKA 'console' bush?). I am after the solid bush (as per the image below) which I believe is the S3/TT item. I also believe that the part numbers are 1K0 199 231 N (left) and 1K0 199 232 N (right) for the bush and frame, but at circa £50 each, I am wondering if it is possible to get just the solid bush and have these pressed into my current frames?

[​IMG]

If so, does anyone have the part number for the solid bushes?
    And finally has anyone else changed/upgraded this part?

Thanks in advance for you help,
    Luke
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. LSH

LSH New Member

[Jul 15, 2011]
    *Bump*
  4. Adam.

Adam. Meow.

[Jul 15, 2011]
    I changed these on my Leon.

I went for the Whiteline Anti Lift kit.

They were easy to change and made a very noticeable difference.
  5. LSH

LSH New Member

[Jul 18, 2011]
    Many thanks for the reply Adam, however I am ideally trying to keep the costs down...thus, why I was asking about pushing new bushes into the 'old' frames.
    A bit more digging seems to suggest that Powerflex bushes would work (but there has not been any definitive reviews) at a cost of about £40.
    Also, there is mention of Seat Cupra rear console bushes 6LL 407 183...HOWEVER, nobody has confirmed whether these items will fit into A3/MK5 frames...

Luke