1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

REAR WIPER

BOZ Jan 23, 2010

1. BOZ

BOZ New Member

Hi All, My rear wiper works most of the time But now & again stops working. The washer works all the time any ideas please. Pete

2. ebbs73

ebbs73 Member

Hi pete ,
    I`m not trying to scare you BUT , my wiper started doings this , on off on off , then it would just keep going , then on off on off , had a mind of it`s own , Untill it caught fire and filled my car with smoke , I was at spurs v posh haveing fun . Got a call from the wife "the cars on fire " The complete car went into limp mode and was left at the side of the road , once i return about 6hours later the car still stank of smoke , i had to remove the elec supplie to get it running to drive home . I`ve how fitted a new motor but it was 3187 + vat !!!!! .
    It played up for about 6 weeks then it popped , once i stripped it down all the inside had melted and shorted out . just thought i`d let you know .

Just seem my older post asking for help , a4 52 avant
    chris

3. denzelburner

denzelburner Member

Hi,
    I had this problem too. It's the motor rusting up which is causing it to start and stop eratically. I used a Skoda rear wiper motor from the scrappy, and three years on, it's still going well.

4. kashiskash

kashiskash Member

I have the same fault now and its now started with another.

The dashboard saftey compuer is lighting up as though the tailgate is open

Dose anyone have a part number for this motor?