1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

REAR WIPER

Discussion in 'General Technical / How To' started by BOZ, Jan 23, 2010.

1. BOZ

BOZ New Member

[Jan 23, 2010]
    Hi All, My rear wiper works most of the time But now & again stops working. The washer works all the time any ideas please. Pete
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. ebbs73

ebbs73 Member

[Feb 8, 2010]
    Hi pete ,
    I`m not trying to scare you BUT , my wiper started doings this , on off on off , then it would just keep going , then on off on off , had a mind of it`s own , Untill it caught fire and filled my car with smoke , I was at spurs v posh haveing fun . Got a call from the wife "the cars on fire " The complete car went into limp mode and was left at the side of the road , once i return about 6hours later the car still stank of smoke , i had to remove the elec supplie to get it running to drive home . I`ve how fitted a new motor but it was 3187 + vat !!!!! .
    It played up for about 6 weeks then it popped , once i stripped it down all the inside had melted and shorted out . just thought i`d let you know .

Just seem my older post asking for help , a4 52 avant
    chris
  4. denzelburner

denzelburner Member

[Feb 8, 2010]
    Hi,
    I had this problem too. It's the motor rusting up which is causing it to start and stop eratically. I used a Skoda rear wiper motor from the scrappy, and three years on, it's still going well.
  5. kashiskash

kashiskash Member

[Feb 17, 2010]
    I have the same fault now and its now started with another.

The dashboard saftey compuer is lighting up as though the tailgate is open

Dose anyone have a part number for this motor?