1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear wiper

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Bullys3, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Bullys3

Bullys3 Member

Can anyone tell me why my rear wiper has suddenly just started going on its own then stops. Not had anything go wrong with it before!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. 37

37 Member

Rear wiper motor gone perhaps?

4. Bullys3

Bullys3 Member

Just been to the car and its stopped doing it now, not got a torx set at home but ill get it from work and take cover off and have a look, do you think it could be the relay?

5. dallo

dallo Member

common fault pal the washer pipe that goes through the centre of the motor has broken so water is getting in the motor inside and shorting out so it has a mind of its own. Did it on mine. New motor off eBay about £70 or buy a repair kit for about £30.

6. Bullys3

Bullys3 Member

Cheers for that ill buy repair kit or see if I've got the bits at work to fix it

7. dallo

dallo Member

There's a DIY fix you can do with some plastic pipe just look on google. I just bought a new motor.

8. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

Repair kit for a broken wiper motor, that's new on me, only repair kit I know of is the plastic hose part of which I've used a few times on clients cars.

What usually happens is the jet holes get blocked & after a while it starts to cause internal issues & leak inside the boot lid.

If you intend to take it of, get a wiper puller as it is stuck in place like shxt to a stick, trust me its well on there if not touched for years.