1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rear wiper

FranA3 Dec 20, 2010

1. FranA3

FranA3 FMDETAILING Site Sponsor Regional Rep Gold Supporter Team Brill Red Audi A3

hi all because off the poxy snow we have been having my rear wiper spring has snapped dont know why maybe because of the cold or because i put the wiper on when it was still frozen but anyhow the spring has snapped and doesnt really clear the rear window anymore so can i get a new spring from audi or is it a complete new arm from audi i was also thinking of updating it to the aero wiper as a few people have done on here is that worth thinking of doing

2. smudge_don

smudge_don Active Member

De-wiper time :yes:

3. FranA3

FranA3 FMDETAILING Site Sponsor Regional Rep Gold Supporter Team Brill Red Audi A3

oh no i need it i know it looks so much better but i allways use my rear wiper as i drive alot and like to see what is about to hit my rear bumper lol

4. hades-

hades- Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

aero wiper time

5. FranA3

yeah maybe what one tho golf , polo do you know which one fits and how much ?

6. circleswim

circleswim Lacks Car Funds...

Get yourself a 9n polo one... Got one on my car, these a thread about it on here somewhere...

7. FranA3

cheers mate i shall have a look for the thread now

8. Boydie

Boydie S3 8V DSG VCDS Map User

Just take it off lad - plenty of visibility from the wing mirrors - I've taken the rear wipers off both my A3 and S3 over the last 3-4 years and have had no real issues with visibility - just keep it clean :)

9. Lee_R

Lee_R Active Member

10. circleswim

circleswim Lacks Car Funds...

That's the same guy I ordered from... Quick delivery, can't complain. To get mine to fit I had to sand down the cap and the inside of the wiper arm in order to stop them rubbing on the rubber grommet on the window.

11. Smoothie

Smoothie Active Member

Loose the wiper dude, you won't have any regrets especially if you use a glass sealant/polish which will keep the window clear and just sheet any water off

12. FranA3

13. Lee_R

Lee_R Active Member

If you think the one on the A3 is bad, next time you see a 1 series, have a look, its like something from the 80's!

14. FranA3

lmfao i have never noticed before i'll have a look in work on wednesday mind you they are **** cars so i wouldnt expect any less lol

15. smudge_don

smudge_don Active Member

Agreed

16. gynads

gynads Member

you got any pics of your S3 de wipered Boydie? Mines Sprint Blue too, and have been toying with the idea. Also mate, are you running Hicon TX's?

17. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

18. FranA3

still not sure on dewipering my car boydie's car does look nice tho

19. Christer

Christer Engage the beige!

De-Wipe!

Form> Function! :)

20. FranA3

lol we'll see as ive got tinted rear windows its not the easyest to see out of at night

21. Ash B

Ash B Well-Known Member

Lol then there no way i'll ever let you will reverse or driving my car mate! Haha

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  22. FranA3

haha