rear wiper wont work...

P

Pete69zx

Why wont my rear wiper work?

Admittedly ever since i have owned the car, the rear wiper has never worked.

Is there a fix to this, is it a common issue with the A3?

Maybee its the fuse, where is the fuse boix located & which fuse is it i need to check?

Sorry for all the questions, just now the bad weather has come im a bit stressed that i cant see out the back window!

the fuse box is on the side of the dashboard, the place where you wouldn't normally see when the door is closed. on my RHD car it's on the driver side, so should be in yours too.(drivers side i mean)

it either going to be the fuse, or knackered motor.

the motors on these are prone to rusting and seizing due to the pipe carrying the washer fluid through the wiper arm spindle breaking.

Since its now dark outside, i will investigate tomorrow.

Is the motor serviceable? Or could it require a new one if that is the problem?

If the motor has gone then it's easier just to get a new one from the stealership or a second hand one from the scrappers. Take the tailgate inner trim off and check everything is connected properly then also check the fuse. If both are ok you know the motor has given up the chase... RIP!

I recently had the same problem with my rear wiper on my A4 Avant. It was the motor - managed to get one off a breaker advertising through ebay for something like £35 (its the same motor used for the A3 and the A4 Avant). If I remember correctly, they're something like £65-70 new from local stealer.