1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear wiper wipes randomly when starting up

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by vimy, Dec 25, 2012.

1. vimy

vimy Member

[Dec 25, 2012]
    I've noticed sometimes when its rained in the morning and I jump into the car, when pressing the wiper stalk down to wipe the front windscreen it also does the rear window. I dont have the comfort pack so no automatic wipers, is this a feature or should it not be doing that? lol
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. a6_chris

a6_chris Well-Known Member

[Dec 25, 2012]
    It's probably a feature.

You will also find that if you put your wipers into intermittent and select reverse, it will do a rear sweep c
  4. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member

[Dec 25, 2012]
    It's probably because the car's in reverse when you blip the front wipers.

That said, I've discovered a few anomalies or "bugs". I've confused the hell out of the dipping passenger door mirror twice now and ended up with it pointing at the sky as a result, god knows how. Also, the parking brake has failed to auto-release on a few occasions, which is actually bloody annoying as you get used to just driving off and, if it doesn't release, the whole car strains against the brake which feels quite uncomfortable.
  5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Dec 26, 2012]
    The rear wiper action is a codable option on 8P, so probably crossed to 8V aswell.