1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Wiper Problem.

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by imported_Spin140, May 25, 2005.

1. imported_Spin140

imported_Spin140 Guest

[May 25, 2005]
    Have noticed the rear wiper on my car wipes when I select reverse, I know from the manual it is supposed to do this if the front wipers are activated but mine does this when they are off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Anyone else get this ?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

[May 25, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Have noticed the rear wiper on my car wipes when I select reverse, I know from the manual it is supposed to do this if the front wipers are activated but mine does this when they are off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Anyone else get this ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Spin, are you sure the front wipers are off. Reason i ask is that if you use the front wipers and then switch off the ignition with the wiper stalk activated, then when you start up again the front wipers stay off but the rear wipe function remains active. Totally effing annoying /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif
  4. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

[May 25, 2005]
    sure you haven't got the wipers in auto?
  5. wilko

wilko Top Gear

[May 26, 2005]
    Spin140, where did you get your Green panel Air Filter from??
  6. SimoP

SimoP Member

[Jun 9, 2005]
    I had the automatic back wiper function turned off at the local repair place. Much better now when back wiper doesn't do anything if I don't say so.