Rear wiper - do they all do this??

hooley

Reaction score
Ok,

Turn on rear wiper, the first sweep of the arm from the resting position to the other side of the window is fine, smooth and without a problem.

On the return the wiper sticks at 1 or 2 points for about a second, then carries on.

If I use the wash/wipe, the wash doesn't work but the wiping is perfect, over and back without a hitch.

Is this the motor going? or is it something sticking?

I know there is a repair kit for the wash mechanism, so that will be done when I get round to it.

Anyone???
Cheers
Jas

The wash will just be a pipe somewhere thats came off, which can be a ******* to find but is simple to fix.

The blade sticking just sounds like it might be a little dirty.

New blade - so that rules that out :ermm:

Good thought though.

Thinking about it, mine doesnt come back very smoothly across the window, but it isnt massive jerks either.

Been like that since i got it 1 n a half yrs ago

Mine did that for a while, then it was fine. Then it did it again for a while, and was fine again. Then it did it some more, then was okay.

I could go on.

i had the problem with my back wiper not spraying water and what i done was took the pump out the bottle that holds the water an find which hose went to the back, dissconected it then blew an air line through it an could hear easily where the air was comin from. and it was inside the black plastic casing where thew loom etc goes to the car on the gearbox side of the engine

The pipe could be disconnected at the back by the arches where the pipe comes from front to back. Thats what mine has done and i'm gonna have to take the CD changer out and the ****** concert Subwoofer to sort it. I only found out it was knackered when the water kept disappearing everytime i filled it and manifested itself on the floor under the left arch.