Rear wiper delete

Anthony_H

Reaction score
Want to remove my rear wiper, does anyone know where i can find the right size blank to plug the hole with.

Thanks Ant

Look no further:

www.gecleant.de

Used that plug on mine. Looks good?

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

Last edited:
Got both mine from gecleant - one with a custom logo on it. I just sent him a jpeg of what logo I wanted on the bung and got it made and posted out!

Great service!

Got mine in the post today from gecleant was going to fit it now quickly, does anybody know how you get the rear wiper off?

pull the cap back to reveal a nut undo it then the wiper will come off might require abit of lube and alot of pulling tho. I had to get my mate to take the wiper off mine i couldent pull it off. Oh and obviouly you will have to take the motor out but just pull the plastic inner off there just pushed on and i think they have a few screws.

I am at this point, I have just got to pull as much as possible from here?

DSCF2964.jpg

yup. Looks dry as hell so get some releasing spray (wd40 etc) on there first and let it soak for an hour or so.

then give it a eyes closed pull :)

I had this problem, couldnt get it off for the life of me, i ended up having to hack saw it off from the base of the shaft, quite easy really.

Oh btw dont use the one from venom it sticks out too much.

Still it won't budge should I be pulling from the outside or the inside, if the inside how do you get the boot trim off? Cheers

Get a heat gun and put it on for a few moments - might help release but generally just try giving it a good wiggle, a small bit of force from a flat headed hammer on the top and should free up nicely.

Even just soak it in WD40 or the likes for a few hours.

Ooooh, this reminds me

I need to order a new thing from gecleant as my old order arrived but the package was ripped, so the lil plug must have fallen out :(

Finished earlier in the end I had to use the saw, but looks much better.

Before:
DSCF2963.jpg

After:

DSCF2966.jpg

i think they look so much better without them i did mine a couple of year ago aint really missed it either ...

i think they look so much better without them i did mine a couple of year ago aint really missed it either ...

People who say that they will miss it are just scared to lose it

Once it's gone, you get used to not having to use it

exactly... i never had one on my old beemer and never really used mine on this whilst it was there lol..

i like having a rear wiper but if it ever breaks or gets knicked i may follow suit. examples look good keep up the good work

Anyone got any more quality pics of this mod please? On a black A3 would be ideal thanks.

My wiper is knackered (fluid leaking, lock & alarm probs) & trying to decide on getting it fixed or deleting.