1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear wipe relay

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Stol1975, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Stol1975

Stol1975 Member

Hi guys and gals,

My rear wiper stays on all the time, I know this could mean the dreaded leak and motor replacement but I'm hoping it might just be the relay. I got one of eBay for a quid but where is the rear relay in the car and how do I access it. Nothing in the handbook to help at all.

Thanks in advance.
  2. BradV6

BradV6 Member

3. Stol1975

Stol1975 Member

This hasn't helped but thanks. Guys any ideas where they are so I can try and fix this? The bad weather is here and I'd like my rear wiper back. I have tried all the relay switches directly behind the fuse box to the right of the steering wheel but when I pulled them out the wiper stayed on. Where the hell is it? I've searched and searched the net. Please help.
  4. BradV6

BradV6 Member

What I was trying to point out from that link is I think it explains it is computer controlled and not relay controlled, so its probably the actual motor on the rear wiper itself that is the problem. When I replaced my rear wiper motor I did notice there are some electronics of the tailgate behind the panel (left side of car), might be worth a look behind there.

Brad