1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear winscreen Water jet problem

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by rhubarb4, Apr 14, 2008.

1. rhubarb4

rhubarb4 Certified Jardo Slayer

[Apr 14, 2008]
    Hi my rear wiper washer is not working I have took the back panel off and got to the motor it seemed fine no rusting or leaks. I disconnected the hose off the wiper motor and pressed the rear wash stalk but im not getting any water through the hose. Any idea how to fix this or where there could be a blockage, as its quite annoying now not being able to see out the back window. Only washed it sunday.

Thanks Chris
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 23, 2014]

3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 14, 2008]
    do a search as there's loads of info on here about this problem. The line for the rear washer can fail in a number of different locations, one of them underneath the tupperware sub in the rear left cubbyhole, so check you're not squirting gallons of washer fluid into the rear quarter. They can also split behind the footwell trim on the passenger side. Again you won't notice unless you pull up the carpet. Also in the engine bay itself which is preferable.
  4. tankie2ndrtr

tankie2ndrtr Member

[Apr 23, 2008]
    Also check under your bonnet above your air filter you will see a square trunk comming up and bending to point back to the rear of your car, To the left of your Left hand Sus point. I will posyt pix shortly, Inside there is the pipe in question with a click together join. I found this was my problem. It has simply come undone, Check under your bonnet when you spray !
  5. rhubarb4

rhubarb4 Certified Jardo Slayer

[Apr 23, 2008]
    Hi mate thanks il check that when I get my car back.

cheers Chris.
  6. btf

btf New Member

[Apr 26, 2008]
    Mine became disconnected when the dealer fitted a cd auto-changer in the boot.Theres a connection above the left hand wheel arch inside! might be worth checking out?:wtf:
  7. vanilla_ice

vanilla_ice Member

[Apr 26, 2008]
    Have you checked that the rear jet is clear?

ICE