Rear window heater + double din conversion

mordz

Audi S3 (2000)
Reaction score
Ok so im about to tackle my S3 2000 model to dbl din conversion, i have all the bits. however one stumbling block seems to be that the rear window heater is built into the climate control unit where as on the old console its a seperate button.

has anyone come across this? is it easy to overcome? i guess i could get away with not using it but it would niggle at me that i havent achieved a full conversion.

Sounds like you've got a facelift climate unit, but your car is the pre-facelift version?

Are you trying to install a mix of pre and post facelift components in the conversion?

A list of what you've got and what you're trying to put where would be helpful?

:icon_thumright:

I would be interested in seeing pics on this as I have just picked up a 2003 S3 with concert and want to double din it with an aftermarket double din unit, I will get the entire centre section in piano black then aswell.

Dave

I will take pix of my install for you all. but its not cheap - the climate unit alone was £450.

In answer to the Q's

I have a 2000 S3 Pre face lift with single din Piano black console.

I have purchased a face lift double din console and cage, cup holder, buttons and button blanks, button facia (not piano black - way too expensive, and the aircon unit only comes in normo gray) and the face lift aircon unit.

Vagparts were most helpfull getting the right unit for my car, they took the old model number fo the unit and ordered me the face lift one that would plug right in.

However they did say it would be up to me to work out how to wire the rear heater into the aircon controlls since its here on the face lift and a seperate button on the pre face lift.

ill take a few pix of the current and the bits i have purchase and post later.

I want to change my double din HU to an aftermarket one single DIN.

I have a facelift model would you sell the bits i need to me and would they be of any use to me ?