1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear wheel bearing part number please

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by ian52, Feb 8, 2010.

1. ian52

ian52 2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow

[Feb 8, 2010]
    Anybody know what i need for the rear of a 1.8t quattro facelift? Are all b4 a4 quattros the same?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 15, 2014]

3. S4twiggy

S4twiggy Fully Certified Detailer!!

4. ian52

ian52 2000 a4 1.8tqs-yellow

[Feb 8, 2010]
    Right you are.
  5. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Feb 8, 2010]
    "b 8D0 598 625 A" "wheel bearing with mounting" without knowing your chassis number this is all I can find on wheel bearing for A4 quatro in etka. maybe some else can confim this.
  6. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Feb 8, 2010]
    Forget etka or anything resembling a main dealer.

Go to your local factors and buy a bearing from them.

will cost approx 20quid, and afaik all the quattros are the same.
  7. B5NUT

[Feb 8, 2010]
    Don't understand why you would ignore etka data, I've used it for the last 3 years, and it's been very useful. I can walk into a dealer or eurocarparts give them the part number and I get the correct parts, but it's best if you have the chassis number. Also very useful for parts on ebay as you can confirm the with the seller it's the correct part.
  8. aragorn

[Feb 8, 2010]
    ECP might take a audi part number, but most factors wont.

My local factors is a 3 minute drive from here, euro car parts is 30 miles away...

For general service items like bearings etc, i'd just goto my local place and buy it there, certainly wouldnt be paying dealer tax for a wheel bearing, which was the point of my post.

I'm not knocking etka in general, i use it all the time, but for a wheel bearing i wouldnt even think of looking on there for it.
  9. B5NUT

[Feb 8, 2010]
    That's fair enough, one thing I have noticed of late is that more and more New B5 Audi parts are ending up on ebay as dealers are getting rid of B5 parts. I just got a Genuine v-belt tensioner for £40. Sorry for the thread hijack:unsure:
  10. hardhitter

hardhitter Member

[Feb 8, 2010]
    I would avoid getting wheel bearings from motor factors, personally. They don't last as long as genuine ones. For an extra few quid and getting associated parts with it, plus the time and effort it takes to do the job I think 'Dealer tax' is a better investment.
  11. aragorn

[Feb 9, 2010]
    nah mate i dont agree.

If you buy a quality part from a factor, the bearing will be made by SKF or FAG or similar, just like the dealer part, cept it will be half the price or more. The bearings i put on the front of the A4 last year were quentin hazel branded and were SKF bearings, and cost 25quid each. Audi genuine bearings are around £80-90 so the bearing would have to last more than three times shorter, before the dealer part made economic sense in any way.

I was looking up parts for my V8 the other day:
    2 beather hoses, essentially 2 foot of 25mm rubber hose, dealer wanted £30 each, would cost about a fiver buying some generic hose from the factors.
    timing belt, dealer wanted £110 for the belt itself, gates/contitech belt is about 20quid.

Are you honestly trying to suggest that you'd pay £110 for a timing belt, just because it has an audi logo on it, next to the gates one?

Yes, some factors stock cheap rubbish, and some will stock a **** option and a good option, even ECP do this. But as long as you buy the proper decent branded parts, you wont have a problem. Audi main dealer prices are an absolute rip off, so unless you have a few million chilling in the bank, or the part isnt available elsewhere, then shop sensibly and buy things from good known respected aftermarket brands.