rear washer reservoir ?

bigblokey0

Reaction score
Does the rear wiper have a separate reservoir or does it use the main one because i got no fluid coming out the rear wiper when i press the stalk and the main reservoir is full and the pump is working because i can hear it.

07 plate 2.0 tfsi

lol i have a felling the pipes come off the back happened to my 3door twice. stop using for now and check if its connected ( i didnt fix it garage did and they said it was a pice of **** so it must have been)
normal you would expect
me: how did you get on
garage: ohhhhh i dont know mate done about three hour on it think its the clutch
me: wtf you on about it only come in for you to check the washers
garage: yeah thats why its not working ( whist plugging the pipe back in )
me: go and ****y yourself.
lol
cant see it being a pain but i bet thats what happend prob caused by shutting the boot

could just be a blocked nozzle. Mine did it this week. Just pull the black cap off the wiper and the nozzle lifts out. I gave mine a squirt with some bathroom cleaner and it cleared the blockage

pipes come off the back of where ?

the washer ?

or the reservoir ?

and shutting the door can cause this ? :s

pipes come off the back of where ?

the washer ? ( nozzle)

or the reservoir ? ( you mean the pipe ?)

and shutting the door can cause this ? yes that what i think no other reson i can think of :s
nkj

The rear wiper fluid runs through the rear wiper motor. No washer fluid is either due to a blocked nozzle ( stupid design fault - the fluid leaks into the wiper motor and it rusts, the rust the blocks the nozzle, eventually the motor dies) or the fluid line coming off the motor, usually there is a tell tale leak with this one.

hi i cant see any leak as such but im unable to get the plastic trim off ive undone the two torx screws and it does move a little but still the trim wont come off does it just pull off or are there clips ?

ok got it off :)

Theirs no leak and all the motor looks like new, ive tried unblocking the nozzles with a needle and some wd40 which did help as a little fluid came out but its stopped again :s im guessing the nozzels just need a really good clean but what will work ?

I'm in the same boat, press the stalk, hear the noise but no fluid! so thanks for the suggestions :) hopefully you get it sorted, ill let you know how i get on FYI.

pull the nozzle off, if the fluid fires a few feet out the back (it's like a water pistol) then it's just the nozzle that's blocked, I soaked my nozzle unit in de-scaler which has worked

It worked for me just pull off the tiny plastic nozzle thing and give it a wash

Just get a thin needle for sewing, yeah I know, pair of pliers, push it down both nostrils & it should be resolved if the water comes out from rear wiper hole with the nipple removed.

i had this issue only one nozzel was working. then after about 2 weeks i started to have an issue with my alram (yes the rear washer has effected my car alarm!)i took the car to audi and the rear motor is leaking and is not costing me £300+ for a new rear motor, wiring loom and boot locking mechanism just because the motor leaks.so my adivce get it in and get it checked before it starts to cost you more

I took of the nozzle however there is no water coming out

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I can hear the noise but no fluid! Wiper working fine, would this mean there is a blockage in the motor?

if i pull the at the joint at the bottom I can see some water. I have pushed a needle through the hold however no water still

I have finally had some time to mess about with this again. I have managed to take get the boot lid lose and can see that 4 clips are are now off however I still can pull the lid of completly are there more clips at the back? I am scared am gonna break it if I pull any harder

I think the cover just needs a good pull to get it of man.

Press the wiper stalk, remove the pipe going into the motor/pump. If its dry check the pipe connecting to the water reservoir.

I have a spare wiper motor and pump here I could part with if yours is goosed.

I also need to check this as mine makes the noise for the motor but nothing comes out

There is no water coming into the pipes. How can I check the pipe connecting to the water reservoir?

Just to say, thanks for all the input on this thread, I had the same problem and have now resolved it. My jets were blocked, which had caused the tubing to pop off of the motor. I opened up the boot trim, reconnected the tubing, got a new jet from Audi dealers and voila, it's working :)

Just for reference: the bottom of the reservoir & pipes are behind the drivers side fog light housing! pop that out and you can access the connectors.

Mine had a hole in the pipe from it rubbing on bumper trim & was squirting washer fluid toward the back of the fog lamp ...fixed with PTFE (Gas fitters') tape and protected with Duct tape.