1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear washer leaking, front near side...

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by SixDegrees, Oct 9, 2009.

1. SixDegrees

SixDegrees Member

Ok, so when I fire up the rear washer its coming out thick-n-fast on the near side front of the car, kinda under air box. Seeing as bottle is on drivers side I'm assuming that the pipe must traverse the car some how/where and there is a join or something at that point.

Before I clamber round anyone give me some pointers as to where I should look for said pipe / join in that region?

Thanks

:)
  2. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

Covered loads mate. Take off the airbox, under and behind it youll see some black trunking, pop it off, youll see a pipe thats popped apart, push it back together, wrap some tape sound for good luck and your done.
  3. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

yup thats it I posted pics of this somewhere they are still hosted just too wasted to find them :)
  4. rossbrownlee

rossbrownlee Ross_S4

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=10646&highlight=leak washer

check that out mate, BEWARE....
    once i did this fix i also found that the joint behind the sub in the boot nearside was parted causing a leak there.... THEN one that was fixed, found my washer jet was leaking into the boot from where it joins the wiper motor/gearbox assembly on the tailgate.

the fix for that is also in this post.
  5. A3Tom

A3Tom Smell my finger.

6. rossbrownlee

rossbrownlee Ross_S4

oh and also, despite what was said in some posts i read when i was reading up about it, there is no need to loosen/move front strut brace to get the plastic channel/duct cover out. just move it around some and it'll come out can;t quite remember how, but it did.
    honest.
  7. SixDegrees

SixDegrees Member

Many thanks to all of you!

Glad its popped off in the engine, bay. in the POlo there a connector 1/2 way up the channel behind the passenger seat..... the clue that its popped off was a soggy floor behind the seat!!!!!

:)