Rear washer/boot latch

Ice Kay

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Had a problem where the rear washer stopped squirting water out, did some fault finding and found out that the little jet piece was blocked, soaked it in some limes ale remover and put back on and now rear washer works.

Along with that I also had a problem with the boot latch, I can unlock the boot with the remote but I am unable to manually unlock the boot and open up.

Did a bit of reading up and it seems the boot micro switch may have water damage due to my rear washer not working.

Check the spare tyre area and no water collected.

What could I check next ? Take out the boot panel again and remove the boot latch/microswitch and check for water ingress and try the hairdryer fix ?

Any help on how to remove boot latch or the microswitch after removing the boot panel ?

Disconnect the switch connector, look inside for green corrosion, if found, use a dremel with wire thin brush on the end to clean the contacts, if no dremel, a small flat screwdriver to scrap the contacts clean.

pardon my ignorance but how do i get to the switch connector and what does it look like ?