1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Wash Wipe, Water leaking from wheel arch!

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Gajjii, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Gajjii

Gajjii New Member

[Jul 16, 2006]
    Hi,

Hope you guys can help me out. My rear washer stopped working a few weeks ago & I thought it would be the pipe that had fallen off the washer pump. (1999 1.9 TDI)

Took the tailgate apart and it as dry as a bone. Checked the connection at the front (engine bay) and thats all ok.
    Then I noticed that water is leaking from the rear (left) wheel arch. Had a look in the cubby hole and it feels wet in there but cant find any pipes. There is a white box (with a green lid) in that area behind the woofer, but that doesn't seem to have anything to do with it.

Any ideas where the pipe I'm looking for is & how I get to it by removing as little as possible?

Thanks.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. Gajjii

Gajjii New Member

[Jul 16, 2006]
    Found it.

Its behind the carpet behind the CD autochanger, strange place to put a connection.
  4. chrisb

chrisb Member

[Jul 18, 2006]
    Yes, and it's a bastard to get at as well, isn't it. I gaffer taped mine together.
  5. Wicked666

Wicked666 Active Member

[Jul 20, 2006]
    mine leaks from front centre of car. not had a look at where it is but imagine it's dodgy pipe too!