Rear wash wipe routing? Mines not working

Russboy

Reaction score
Presume the rear wash wipe runs from the main bottle at the front?

It did used to work but I wonder if during a frost etc if it's popped a connection somewhere, although i've no signs of water anywhere?

Does it run down the passenger side? If so i'm going to lift all of the trim out & fire it up to see if I can trace how far the water is actually getting.

Cheers all,

Russ

On B5 avant it came in from water reservoir on passenger side, ran to driver's side in the boot and in via hinge on tailgate. I'm assuming everything is the same. Could just be grit in the nozzle. B5 rear washes were notorious for failing, but haven't heard any on B8. Copper pipe which runs to the nozzle shears allowing water to enter mechanism, but you'd get intermittent action on rear wiper and other signs if that was the case.

I'd be inclined to check the tailgate first before you start lifting trim and carpets. The frost can 'pop em' if you continually try and use in cold weather. If no clue there and assuming you can hear pump working, then try passenger footwell and other locations. It would be unusual to detach at the reservoir, but to access that take off the wheel liner. I had one pop on driver's side in the boot area. I ended up gluing the connections to avoid a repeat.

Yes I can hear the pump working, so it's going somewhere!

It was dirt in the nozzles thankfully, all up and running again & topped up.

Reactions: jdp1962