1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

REAR WASH WIPE IS DEAD

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by Paul B7, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Paul B7

Paul B7 Active Member

After the big freeze ( we were down to -15c ) my rear wash wipe died.The wiper works fine but no water.I have just investigated the problem thinking it would be a disconnected pipe in the tailgate (Avant)but no this is OK. I then noticed the wash fluid was being discharged under the car (passenger side) from under the wheel arch and behind the arch lining.Further investigation has shown there is a broken connector and the pipe has disappeared somwhere into the car.This will need the carpet lifting on the passenger side to see where the pipe and the other half of the connector has gone. Then perhaps I will just leave it as a non functioning rear wash is not an MOT failure.So REMEMBER to use proper strength screen wash or you may have my problem at the next freeze (or perhaps you already have it ?)

Gee...........
  2. AudiSport

AudiSport Member

Think yourself lucky you have a rear wiper... ; )