1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rear view mirror has fallen off

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by babyben, Nov 5, 2008.

1. babyben

babyben New Member

[Nov 5, 2008]
    hello.

my rear view mirror has fallen off and I was wondering if anyone knows how to put it back on. Its an 04 A3. It looks as though it was glued on originally ?? any ideas on what to use to put it back on ??

Any help is most welcome. Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 27, 2014]

3. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

[Nov 5, 2008]
    somebody been fixing their lipstick? :)

You will need to remove the old mirror pad 1st, then clean both the areas of contact with surgical spirits etc to get rid of any dirt/gease. One both surfaces are spotless, use a new mirror pad pressing it back on firmly but dont go mad or you could possibly crack the windscreen.
  4. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Nov 5, 2008]
    Hello and Welcome to the site
  5. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Nov 5, 2008]
    I had the same thing happen a couple of years ago. I had to have a new screen and a few days later, in the middle of the night, I was woken by my alarm going off with the car in the garage. I went down stairs and unlocked and opened the door between the house and the garage and used my remote to stop the alarm. I opened the car and everything seem to be OK. Must have been a false alarm I thought. It was only the next day when I backed the car out of the garage I realised there was no rear-view mirror. It was laying on the floor in the passenger foot-well. The interior movement sensors had detected the downward movement of the mirror and set off the alarm!