Rear View Camera

Andy Shipton

Reaction score
Hi all,
i have fitted the RNS-E into my car and everthing is working fine, now what i want to do is fit a rear view camera to the unit so it will come up on the screen when reverse is selected.do any of you guys on here know the pin outs on the back of the rns-e i need to connect into to enable me to do this?

thanks
Andy

more to it than that mate, youll need an interface for video in to the rns-e.
there is a pin on the rear of the rns-e witch controls the switching, labelled RFSL.
youll also need vagcom, as youve done your rns-e yourself im guessing you have it allready, if not im guessing your rns-e isnt working as correctly as you think it is.
heres mine................http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?95424-Reverse-Camera

hi,
yes i have a full version of VAG COM ,the other thing i did not mention is that i have fitted the RNS-E from a A4 into mt 2004 TT roadster which i have coded to an A6 with S8 craigs recommendation, no faults thrown up on vag com except Anttenna issues which i knopw about,i have had a look at the other forums and see that you can get auto switching when reverse gear is selected for the camera to display on the RNS-E screen i just want to know what parts are required and what connections are needed? i have looked at this camera but need to know what else is needed?
i also know that you have to recode the RNS-E
• head unit has to be coded to RVC
Address 56 - Channel 04 - set from 0 to 1

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220598777603&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

help is needed on this one
thanks
Andy

thanks,
when i have brought all the items i wiil pm you to discuss the cabling issues

Andy

hes done it latta, he rang me yesterday, all in and working now, a couple of power issuse but all sorted

hi thanks to 1 wheelonly the camera is working fine and with no problems
Thanks
Andy

Hi guys,i also brought the interface from ebay,could someone confirm the connections fro the interface to the rnse?

on the big plug on interface,i have 4 seperate wires,brn=ground.red=12v(is this perm 12v or live from the reverse light? then orange/violet=c-bus high and orange /brown c-bus low.do these pair connect to the loom of the rsne?or just one of them?

b7 06 plate A4
Also on the small plug on the interface i have the yellow phono and 2 small cables coloured gray and violet,any idea where they go?

many thanks tony

Last edited: