1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

REAR VIEW CAMERA

Andy Shipton Sep 22, 2011

1. Andy Shipton

Andy Shipton Member

Hi all,
    I need some help with the install of a rear view camera to my A3, I have installed the camera in the tailgate and picked up the power from the reverse light, the cable then goes to the back of the RNS-E. I have attached this to connector ‘C’ pin position C2 RFSL for auto switching when reverse gear is selected.
    I have connected the multimedia interface loom CAN high and CAN Low into the loom at the back of the RNS-E and also connected Ground and power.
    I have recoded the RNS-E address 56, channel 4 from 0 to 1 to see the RVC , when I run the auto scan is says that the TV receiver cannot be found, however when the ignition is on a and the engine is not running the picture is perfect.

When the engine is running and all is connected the camera comes on for about 1 second and the RNS-E screen goes blank.
    The RNS-E is running software version 660
    Can anybody help with why this happens? or what I need to do to put this right.
    Thanks
    Andy