rear trailing arm bush part number query

s3_kev

Stage2'd!!!!!!
Reaction score
iam looking at replacing all my suspension bushes with poweflex bushes and i have spoken to them and it apears they dont make the outer rear track control am bushes, so im just querying wether anyone has a parts catalouge or any technical data to see if the outer and inner control bushes are the same dimensions, i see it pointless going to the effort of replacing all the bushes but the outer bushes,

thanks in advance

They're totally different bushes to the ones you can replace in the control arms. I think Audi call them bearings not bushes or something like that (the ones that are pressed into the hubs) they might be worth replacing for OEM Audi ones. They were the cause of the creaking on my car which was rather annoying having replaced all the other bushes for the powerflex ones!

I also think bearing in mind there application I wouldn't be going for the powerflex ones after my own experiences and others I wouldn't trust powerflex bushes other than in a very simple place (i.e. one axis of flex).

ETA: Don't bother with using the powerflex bushes for the big front wishbone either as they're ****, mine wore out quicker than the OEM bushes.

thanks for the reply yeah was looking at replacing as i have that annoying creaking noise, good to have advice from someone with first hand experience with the powerflex bushes so did they not make any handling differences either???
looks like im going to have to stick with oe bushes and find the ones causing the creak asits really peeing me off