1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear tie bars now required ?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by spiker, Feb 3, 2008.

1. spiker

spiker usually growling at something

Could someone please recommend a good company to purchase rear tie bars as I need to alter the camber of the rear wheels beyond what is currently possible to adjust for the new wheels and FSD/eibach setup

Previously was informed by Awesome this was not necessary yet the new 18" have given me the following problem

After alignment

Front ( ok )
    Toe 0.03' Front nearside 0.03' Front offside
    Camber -0 degrees 38' Front nearside -0 degrees 56' Front offside

So those are fine

However

Rear ( not so ok)
    Toe 0.21 degrees Rear nearside 0.36 degrees near offside ( these should be 0.04-0.20 ideally i understand)

Camber ( really not looking good)
    -2.47 degrees Rear nearside and -2.42 degrees rear offside ( these should be between -1.18' and -0.38' )

So I am well out by over a degree

As there is no further adjustment available on the rear I need to consider tie bars to correct this

So anyone suggest a good source / price for them ?
  2. Defratos

Defratos You’re Dethpicable!!

3. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

We can offer the Forge or KW tie bars, give me a shout for a price.

Damian @ DPM
  4. ash_s3

ash_s3 Active Member

Got my KW Tie-bars from DPM, i recommend these as theyre made from scratch using strengthened steel, most of the others on the marked, ECS, Forge etc.. use the standard audi parts but modify them with the adjuster, however the standard audi parts are prone to snapping!!

Just consider this when buying yours, i did and chose the KWs

Ash
  5. S3ren

S3ren Lovely Sunshine

hi bud, had the same problem when i lowered mine i got mine from www.awesomegti.co.uk they are neuspeed tie bars like ash said these are made from scratch so are strong then the other audi upgraded ones these where more money then the others but he did say they where the best ones on the market. so i would rather spend a little more and have the better ones.

before[​IMG]
    after[​IMG]
  6. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

dont jabbersport do an exchange bar fairly cheap ??? or was it someone else ??? forgot.

Ive a set in the garage that I will fit when I finally get round to sorting the suspension out
  7. glen_jai

glen_jai Member

I had the same problem when I fitted some Eibachs springs.
    Eibach assured me that the camber would not be out on the rears. But when I had them fitted and laser aligned they were more than 1 degree out.

So I made a fuss with Eibach, quoting what they had told me, and they offered to pay half the cost of the tie bars (~£100 at the time).

Thing is, I actually bought the Eibach springs second hand of a guy on the forum for £50. So it was a brilliant deal.

But yeah, even though it was only lowered by 25mm, the rear camber was way out. Some people choose to leave it, but I don't believe in doing things half @rsed.
  8. S3Steve

S3Steve Active Member

Yes Jabba do them considerably cheaper than the other companies, on an exchange basis. Ive got the Jabba ones and the quality is very good.
  9. doug mk2

doug mk2 Member

I have the KW ones - purchased from Tuningwerkes (£200). I dont understand how companies like Forge can justify charging the amount they do for them.
  10. spiker

spiker usually growling at something

Thanks guys - I will get some prices