Rear Tie Arm Replacement-too adjustable camber arms "How To"

Ok cheers, yeah I wondered why the alignment holes seemed to be slotted when i replaced them, ill have to look into that because i had uneven tyre wear on the fronts before lowering.

Just want to double check rear camber before i order a set.

Ok cheers, yeah I wondered why the alignment holes seemed to be slotted when i replaced them, ill have to look into that because i had uneven tyre wear on the fronts before lowering.

Just want to double check rear camber before i order a set.

If your car has been lowered any more than about 15mm you'll need adjustable tie bars.

Once you've got them done get the car 4 wheel aligned. About £100 from a tyre place and that'll sort you out.

Are these tie arms still for sale Dave? I think i need some after lowering my car.

And this may sound stupid, but ive only ever seen rear tie bars for sale, how do i adjust the camber on the front wheels?

Cheers!

thats done on the bottom ball joints on the front hubs. they slide in and out on the wishbones.only about 5mm in and out play. i dont know what that equates to in degrees though

Fronts give just over 1 deg neg camber max using the slots even if you open them slightly (not by much mind, 2mm or so max) which can be a ball ache to set on the alignment rig as the subframe needs to be **** on in the middle and not many places are prepared to go to such lengths to set it up for the little you get back...

StaceyS3 has Ground Control camber plates on his S3... they look as though they could work ok..
Ground Control - Camber/Caster Plate- VW (MK IV) A4 Chassis (Pair)

More potential camber plates etc info here...
VWVortex.com - MkIV Camber plate list

<tuffty/>

Sorry to bring up an
Old thread but do you still sell these dave? And do you ship to Ireland?

Spend 800€ on a shocks and springs to be told now I need to get something more for it to actually be right ......S3 life hahah

Sorry to bring up an
Old thread but do you still sell these dave? And do you ship to Ireland?

Spend 800€ on a shocks and springs to be told now I need to get something more for it to actually be right ......S3 life hahah
Hi, unfortunately, Dave is no longer with us. :(

May I recommend you consider buying a set of cookbot adjustable arms, just google cookbot and you should find them.

Hi, unfortunately, Dave is no longer with us. :(

May I recommend you consider buying a set of cookbot adjustable arms, just google cookbot and you should find them.

I saw after, he hadnt been online in a few years.... :(

Thanks For the help tho Jojo will have a look now.

Reactions: jojo