Rear sway bar end links bolts part no?

NCRAW

Reaction score
Hi all

Anyone can help me out with part number for the bolts that connect the rear sway bar to the end links. They are a "triple square" type, also known as spline, 12 pin, xzn and "why those ****** Germans at audi couldn't use a f*cking normal bolt". car is a 2008 s3 8p three door pre facelift.

Today my mate and I decided to have a Go at installing the H&R sway bars. We thought we start on the back since the front looked scary and I'm not sure if it's possible without dropping the subframe (please tell me it is possible). So we back the car over the ramps and all goes smooth, almost. We removed the old sway bar very easily, put the new 26mm in place (the difference in size and weight is massive!!), loctited and torqued the xzn brackets bolts to 20nm (got it from a DIY on a gti) and extra quarter turn. At this stage I told my friend that this can't be right, it's too easy (I think I jinxed myself). Next we wondered how to torque the end link bolts. Only way is holding the nut in place and torquing via the xzn bolt. Left side we decided to go by feeling and tighten the nut to same feel when we loosened it. Checked the torque and it was between the recommended 40nm and 45, which we liked since it's pretty much 40 plus quarter to half turn extra. On to the right and we decided to torque straight by using the xzn head, tightening, tighteninggggg, snap!! The frikking xzn bit breaks inside the bolt. Nothing ever goes smoothly in the world of mods. Not a big deal since it's torqued and loctited.

So just be gentle with those M6 xzn bolts. I went with firm on the rear and planning to install the front on soft.

Last edited: