1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear springs

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by broomes3, Sep 21, 2007.

1. broomes3

broomes3 Member

[Sep 21, 2007]
    Just had one of mine snap. Heard something metal chasing me down the road so i stopped to have a look and found the very end of my rear nearside spring. My question is as its the weekend is it still safe to drive or will i risk further damage. Any suggestions for the best place to get new ones would be great. Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

[Sep 22, 2007]
    id get a set of uprated springs H&R or eibachs, drive steady if you have to and the rear cambre may also be out
  4. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

[Sep 22, 2007]
    Yeah, you can keep driving just don't rag it and I'd avoid loading the car right up with luggage or people.

You can thank speed bumps for what has happened. At least you realised something was up - the first that most people know about it is when their car fails its MOT.
  5. s3sam

s3sam Member

[Sep 22, 2007]
    i hate speedbumps! loads of them around my area, they also knacker bushes up too
  6. nicklght

nicklght Imthegod

[Sep 23, 2007]
    This happened to me about 2 months ago i ended up buying eibach springs after hitting a pothole and snapping the front drivers side spring!! (gutted) Car looks much better now though! :p

Anyway the new springs are on and im about to throw away the standard springs as there are only 3 decent springs, So if anyone is intrested in these let me know!