rear spoiler ./ rs4 grill

Reaction score
Im after a rear spolier (s4 type) for my avant, any idea's where i can buy one from and i rang the main dealers today about the rs4 grill and they told me it needs modifying to fit,what needs doing to get it to fit ???

Not sure about the RS4 grille but when I fitted the S4, I had to remove a bit of the plastic where the bonnet release lever pops through so that it didn't foul and get stuck. Otherwise it was a straight fit.

The grill will fit fine. audi might have thought you ment the new sort. I ordered mine from vagparts.com, they also sell a spoiler for the avant but i am not sure if its the s4 kind. if all else fails ebay or maybe euro car parts.

I ordered from Vag Parts too, The dealer said they don't do a RS4 Grille for B5, or at least my pre facelift. Odd when they sold RS4's in B5's!

Go the Vag parts route.

When i rang audi i explained what i wanted to do but im not sure if the understood as they asked if i wanted the lower or upper grill whcih makes me think they were talking about the new style. It worked out about £65 for the rs4 grille and about £10 more for the s4 grill. im going to go in a look on there parts list so they quote me on the right parts .

The B5 RS4 bonnet grille clips in exactly the same way as the bog-standard A4 grille, swapped mine over in about 10 minutes.......
Cost was about £51 delivered, purchased via Ebay............

Part number for the GENUINE rs4 grill is 8D0 853 651T 1L1. It comes with a satin aluminium surround and chrome 4 rings. Price is £57.68 + vat.
Most of us dealers dont keep it in stock but usually 2 working days. Be warned, they come shipped only in poxy bubble wrap so check the condition thoroughly when you collect it. (one of my big fears with mail order stuff) Fits straight on to any B5 A4. I have one on a 98 2.8Q.

Thanks for the part number,they dont have any in stock but the factory has 7 in at the moment.

I had my RS4 grill form ebay.de it was £45 delivered IIRC and fitted straight onto my 98.5 car.I now have an S4 grill form a 2000 car, and that too went straight on

cal1470 said:
Part number for the GENUINE rs4 grill is 8D0 853 651T 1L1. It comes with a satin aluminium surround and chrome 4 rings. Price is £57.68 + vat.
Most of us dealers dont keep it in stock but usually 2 working days. Be warned, they come shipped only in poxy bubble wrap so check the condition thoroughly when you collect it. (one of my big fears with mail order stuff) Fits straight on to any B5 A4. I have one on a 98 2.8Q.

That figures why mine arrived in just a load of bubble-wrap!
Was a bit shocked to read 'MADE IN ITALY' underneath the part number too!

where can i get me a set of folding mirrors?