Rear Speakers not working...what have i done??

Orts

Reaction score
I recently fitted a Pioneer head unit into my 05 A3. I connected the red and yellow wires together and everything works fine with it. I seem to have lost all sound from my rear speakers though, when I fade the sound to the rear it just dissapears. Have I messed something up with the wires at the back??

any help would be appreciated!

I have no idea mate. I plugged the connectors from my concert unit into one of those specific connector blocks that you buy when you switch your head unit. the only thing i changed is merging the red and yellow wires. It isnt a bose system either if that makes a difference?

If you just have the ISO blocks for power then you are missing an Audi specific adapter. This adapter allows you to plug the rear RCA's (pre-outs) from the Pioneer into the feed to the rear/sub amp (the long thin 20 pin black connector). Being an 05 you may have one of two typrs of connector for the rear amp (ISO or quadlock). So you need to check, or take a picture of the back of the Concert. If the schematic looks like this then it's ISO and you need the PC9-404 adapter:
Autoleads PC9-404 Audi A2 A3 A4 A6 TT Car ISO Wiring Harness Adaptor Lead to Phono
A3BlaupunktConcertDiag.jpg

If it looks like this then it's Quadlock:
quadlockcopy.jpg

In which case you need the quadlock version.

Thanks Andy,will take a look into it. really appreciate the time , effort and advice you've given me with everything so far. One question though, how do you know so god damn much !?!? Lol