1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear speaker wiring

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by JonnyDerv, Jan 16, 2014.

1. JonnyDerv

JonnyDerv Member

[Jan 16, 2014]
    Not long fitted a kenwood head unit but the standard speakers are ****e. Had a look fitting them in the door but decided I want bigger ones. Am I right in assuming the ones in the parcel shelf are 6.5"? It's a concert btw.

To run new wiring from the HU to the parcel shelf, I'd have to take off the lower trim, under the back seat and take the shelf off correct? All of those I have no idea how to do, assuming there are screws for the trims?

any help appreciated.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 20, 2014]

3. tonya4

tonya4 TDi Powerrrr

[Jan 17, 2014]
    You can fit 6.5s to the rear shelf,youneed to buy/make an adapter though,I used 6mm mdf to fit 17cm pioneers to mine.You are correct about the wiring.I also ued some dynamat to deaden the shelf while it was ou.Te grills are fitted to th shelf,do not try and prise them of!
    hth
    tony
  4. bgale74

bgale74 New Member

[Jan 26, 2014]
    Looking to replace rear speakers on my b5 FL too as they are crackling and buzzing like mad. Let us know how you get on pls
  5. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Jan 26, 2014]
    i binned my rears, and fitted a 12" sub instead.

I've also got a 75w/ch JBL amp feeding the standard front door speakers with a high pass filter set to cut some of the low end away from them (as the sub deals with that). The HPF stops the small speakers distorting as easily.

Sounds MUCH better, even with the stock front door speakers. Infact, its good enough that the door speakers are staying put.