1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear shocks and bushes

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by t30gue, Jul 3, 2004.

1. t30gue

t30gue Member

[Jul 3, 2004]
    When my car was in the stealers yesterday for an ESP fault,(see other post) I also asked them to look at the rear end as I have been noticing a squeak at low speed. The problem seems to be rear bushes on the tie bar ( one thats above the driveshaft as you look at the rear end, sorry don't know correct term!)Also they said that bushes on bottom of rear shocks are worn, resulting in needing two rear shocks. Although the shocks are not expensive, the dealer labour charge of an hour each is! Can these shocks be fitted fairly easily myself? I have done shocks on other cars before, but am very wary of damaging another ESP sensor, if there are any in this area.
    Also is it worth uprating these rear bushes, or just replacing them with originals??
    Thanks,
    Chris
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

[Jul 3, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    T30GUE S3 said:
    When my car was in the stealers yesterday for an ESP fault,(see other post) I also asked them to look at the rear end as I have been noticing a squeak at low speed. The problem seems to be rear bushes on the tie bar ( one thats above the driveshaft as you look at the rear end, sorry don't know correct term!)Also they said that bushes on bottom of rear shocks are worn, resulting in needing two rear shocks. Although the shocks are not expensive, the dealer labour charge of an hour each is! Can these shocks be fitted fairly easily myself? I have done shocks on other cars before, but am very wary of damaging another ESP sensor, if there are any in this area.
    Also is it worth uprating these rear bushes, or just replacing them with originals??
    Thanks,
    Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

If im not mistaken, ESP sensor is ABS sensor...
    I wouldnt pay someone to o the rear shocks. Well easy job! Take you 2 hours max.

Rich

4. t30gue

t30gue Member

[Jul 3, 2004]
    What about these bushes Rich?