1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear shock noise and fustration!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by cj.dub, May 22, 2013.

1. cj.dub

cj.dub New Member

[May 22, 2013]
    3.2 quatrro sport. 53 plate

Hi guys, I beleive to have the 'rubber ball in a plastic bottle' noise coming from my rear shocks. I have had brand new oem shocks fitted today. However the noise still remains. I have now read in a different post that 'modified shocks' were made my audi to fix this problem. Have I just wasted money on brand new unmodifed shocks? Surely post 2005 cars had the modified version, or did the set-up change in 2005? are the shocker part numbers the same for a 53plate and a 07 plate as an example? Please help!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. JPK

JPK Member

[May 23, 2013]
    Are you sure the noise is from the shocks? Badly worn rear trailing arm bushes can cause all kinds of noises.
  4. Jonathaan

Jonathaan Diesel Power!

[May 23, 2013]
    On top of the damper there is a little nut, if this is to come loose (which it has with mine) it will allow a little float on the damper which nocks when ever i go over a bump. Just a thought,

Jonny
  5. cj.dub

cj.dub New Member

[May 27, 2013]
    Here is an update.

yesterday, I removed the shocks completly and drove a couple of miles, the noise remains. Today I am going to remove the coil springs and check for breakage. also I will remove the arb and test drive it without out that.