Rear shelf speakers

Nitro

Reaction score
I have a w reg saloon with the Bose system, the rear speakers in the shelf are shot. How do you go about removing the shelf to fit new speakers? In my car the rear seats fold flat once you have unlocked them with the key

Bose run 2 ohm speakers and most car speakers are 4 ohm.
There are many better people on here who can advise about this -- I think this means that the amp has to work harder for a given volume and this may possibly cause the amp to run hotter, or even give up ??
( my physics at school was a long time ago !! )

BUT I have found that JBL seem to do 2 ohm jobbies and they are bound to be much better than the cheap OEM s.

Getting to them is pretty easy. Just drop the rear seat backs, prise up the shelf carpet along the edge, then pop it up (it's held to the shelf with pop fasteners), then slide it forward and out, remembering to unplug the cyclops brake light first.
The stock mounts are square so you'll need adapters to fit anything in there, unless the Bose upgrade provides these.

As well as above I found it a lot eaiser by taking the base of the rear seat out just lifts up, then you will find side bolsters you will need to unhook this and lift up, either side of the split rears.

no, not all have folding seats if you dont have a handle on the top on each side of the seat,

i have the same problem, my rear bose speakers are shot so shall be installing aftermarket ones, ive done it before in my old A4 but was wondering would any aftrmarket speakers just fit straight into the existing speaker holding?

Hey twig whats going on! you lowered that 4x4 yet,lol

IIRC bose rears, holes are square with a round cone how weird? rip them out and stick a better sub in the boot myman!

Hey twig whats going on! you lowered that 4x4 yet,lol

IIRC bose rears, holes are square with a round cone how weird? rip them out and stick a sub in the boot myman!

im thinkin that mate, i liked the little discreet sub you had in yours, subtle bass and nice and small out the way, i think i will go for that TBH