Rear Seats

Markey

Reaction score
How easy is it to convert the rear saloon seats from an a4 to fit an avant a4? A s4 saloons black recaros have come up and im very tempted as my interior is not even the sport veriety.

I have a saloon and have avant rear seats. the base is the same so it is just the seat back that differ. if they are the same style I ma happy to trade the back rests and side bolsters from my avant set up for the saloon ones you get?

any good for you?

I have a saloon and have avant rear seats. the base is the same so it is just the seat back that differ. if they are the same style I ma happy to trade the back rests and side bolsters from my avant set up for the saloon ones you get?

any good for you?

Sounds like a plan i am going to check the condition etc so will send you pics. They are from a 1999 face lift. If your game that would be a wicked trade as we both get what we want :) :icon_thumright:

Yeah I do not mind. if it helps you out, either set fits into mine as i have already removed the head rest support brackets from the rear firewall. but it would make your life a load easier they are 60/40 splits I have.

Let me know how you get on.

How easy is it to convert the rear saloon seats from an a4 to fit an avant a4? A s4 saloons black recaros have come up and im very tempted as my interior is not even the sport veriety.

I have just been to see those s4 recaros from ebay and the door cards - waste of f***ing time

drove 2.5 hrs to see them, the seller said they were is great condition when I asked to see better photos he assured me that they were fine and in great condition

well they aren't - poorly looked after, mould all over the front passenger, chewing gum on the drivers side and overall they look like they have had a very hard life - real shiny and dry

they aren't worth 300 quid imo - i did not even offer on them just told him they were screwed and that he had wasted my time

cheeky f***er said I had wasted his by going to his breakers business / house - steer clear!

To answer the original question, saloon seats will fit avants before 1997 with the U shaped catch.
Later avants have a Pin catch a bit like a door latch, and these wont fit saloon seats correctly.

Also, avants all use split folding seats afaik, whereas some saloons have solid non-foldy seats. You want the split folding versions to fit your avant.