1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Seats

Markey Mar 2, 2009

1. Markey

Markey Active Member

How easy is it to convert the rear saloon seats from an a4 to fit an avant a4? A s4 saloons black recaros have come up and im very tempted as my interior is not even the sport veriety.

2. g60leigh

g60leigh Well-Known Member

are they leathers?

if they are I may have a simple solution for you

3. Markey

Markey Active Member

Yes they will be recaros.

4. g60leigh

I have a saloon and have avant rear seats. the base is the same so it is just the seat back that differ. if they are the same style I ma happy to trade the back rests and side bolsters from my avant set up for the saloon ones you get?

any good for you?

5. Markey

Markey Active Member

Sounds like a plan i am going to check the condition etc so will send you pics. They are from a 1999 face lift. If your game that would be a wicked trade as we both get what we want :) :icon_thumright:

6. g60leigh

Yeah I do not mind. if it helps you out, either set fits into mine as i have already removed the head rest support brackets from the rear firewall. but it would make your life a load easier they are 60/40 splits I have.

Let me know how you get on.

7. Markey

Markey Active Member

Will do thanks :)

8. Fraser

Fraser Member

I have just been to see those s4 recaros from ebay and the door cards - waste of f***ing time

drove 2.5 hrs to see them, the seller said they were is great condition when I asked to see better photos he assured me that they were fine and in great condition

well they aren't - poorly looked after, mould all over the front passenger, chewing gum on the drivers side and overall they look like they have had a very hard life - real shiny and dry

they aren't worth 300 quid imo - i did not even offer on them just told him they were screwed and that he had wasted my time

cheeky f***er said I had wasted his by going to his breakers business / house - steer clear!

9. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

To answer the original question, saloon seats will fit avants before 1997 with the U shaped catch.
    Later avants have a Pin catch a bit like a door latch, and these wont fit saloon seats correctly.

Also, avants all use split folding seats afaik, whereas some saloons have solid non-foldy seats. You want the split folding versions to fit your avant.