1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear seat not locking

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by TwedA4, Dec 20, 2013.

1. TwedA4

TwedA4 Member

hi guys,

got a bit of a problem with the larger half of the rear seat in my avant not locking into place... i've tried slamming it into place and even pulling hard against it from the boot and it just wont lock. it just bounces back. i've poked a screw driver in the lock and it locks fine, not sticking or anything. and the locking pin is in line with the catch, but it's got me baffled...

anyone had any similar problems?

stu.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. CHEZ

CHEZ moderately amusing
    Supporter

never experienced this personally, but have you checked down the sides that there is nothing jammed in there, stopping the seat back from returning to its home position?
    if there is something there this will stop it! i have to slam mine in order to close properly so orange tabs are not visible and showing open, so if something is in there, then it will never lock!
    hope this helps! try using a torch down the gaps!

4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Audi Avant Owner Group Audi A6

You could try adjusting the 'pin' end of the latch mechanism. It screws into the side of the car with a large (17 or 19mm..) I think ring spanner. Pull it back a bit and I'm sure it will latch then.

5. adcooper

adcooper Audi A6 C6 Avant 3.0tdi Le Mans S-Line

I had this issue when I changed to Recaros, I managed to fix it using a screwdriver in the lock mechanism locking and unlocking it fully and a bit of WD40 "or similar" , give it ago.

6. TwedA4

TwedA4 Member

cheers guys, i'll give it a shot.

and i never actually thought of checking if anything was stuck in it... lol