1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Seat Not Folding

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by bikenut55, Sep 11, 2010.

1. bikenut55

bikenut55 New Member

For some reason, the 2/3 section of my rear seat has stopped folding. One day it was fine and the next it stopped.

I originally thought the inside of the plastic handle was rounding as it seems to part release, but not far enough to release from the catch.

I bought a new handle but it has made no difference, I tried a pair of mole grips and clamped onto the metal bar but in my *cough* wisdom, managed to snap the top section off.

So, I'm now left with a seat I cannot fold down because the mechanism is broken, but because of the design, I can't access the mechanism until the seat is folded down.

A pic of the top section so you know what I'm talking about...
    [​IMG]

Anyone have any ideas?
  2. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

Bump. Mines now like this. Had the seats down to fit a new toy, pushed them back up and now the *******s wont budge, when pulling the handle theirs no.feel of a connection, its just stiff!
  3. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid

What Toy..:sly: Your getting like a riddler these days Dan ..;)
  4. Dani_B19

Haha ill post pictures later. Anyway id say your far worse than me dave, ive lost track what turbo you even got let alone engine spec haha :).
    s3dave likes this.
  5. Gops

Gops 6th gear @7000rpm

Mine does this. It gets really stiff but don't give up. I get in the boot, hold the handle back as much as I can and kick the bluddy seat, it'll soon budge and you'll be feeling strong enough to have a yorkie bar! ;)
  6. Dani_B19

Lmfao, classic. Thing that winds me up mate, it was fine until I fitted the rear brace so ive obviously damaged it :(.
  7. Nick101

Nick101 Boost fiend

Try lifting the seat by pulling up from the bottom while pulling lever and pushing forward, worked when mine did it.
  8. JudderMan

JudderMan Active Member

Haha I do that too. I must look like a mental patient when I'm trying to put my MTB in the car. I've given up with the kicking and just remove the wheels on the bike.