Rear seat belt replacement

Tommy53

Reaction score
Hello,

I have only just noticed that a rear seat belt of mine has broke. When pulled out, it does not go back in on its own unless it is threaded in. I have my MOT in a few weeks and i dont think it will pass with this so im going to replace it as obviously it is unsafe anyway.

However im struggling to find the part anywhere. Can anyone lead me in the right direction or give me a link to finding one??

Thanks,

Tom

Pull the boot apart & have a look at the belt mechanism 1st before swapping out, remove it if need be & test, just remember the main part has to be at a certain angle to be able to pull the belt outward, failing that assume you've tried audi?

Thanks for the advice. i shall have a go this week and see. When looking through the seatbelt opening from the inside, i can see that there is a white piece inside moving about. but i will try audi if not.

There is a plastic guide piece, this maybe out of place or come loose, I refitted one the other day as its only got a peg on each end to squeeze into holes on the metal belt mechanism, but boot has to be stripped on that side to get too, time, patients & torch needed.

Will take a look on Sunday and fingers crossed its only that! Thanks

Just stripped my car at the back to find one was fixable but one had snapped :( gutted. So one new seat belt on order, got a quote from 247Spares for around £30 so not too bad. Image

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 260